Looking for a vanished Ranma/OMG fanfic
Michael Breslau
2010-01-09 14:27:43 UTC
I am a fan of the "Ranma becomes a kami" genre of fanfiction.

One story that I have read three times (one of my favorites)
has vanished, I don't have a hardcopy, and I can't remember the title or
author.

Synopsis: Ranma is Urd's son, hence a demigod, and gets promoted to full
kami.
Kasumi is granted a wish by Kwan-Yin and so Nabiki becomes a goddess of
partnerships.
In his training, Ranma splits into three mini-selves and spars with the
ninjettes in the temple.
The goddesses are threatened by the "black gods". The final chapter,
Chapt 6, had not been written when I last looked.

A google search for "ranma +urd +nabiki +kodama" which should have found
it, returned 190 false alarm results.

Can anyone point me to an archive of this story, or even its name?
I'd really like to reread it again.

TIA
Mike
Rob Kelk
2010-01-09 18:50:43 UTC
On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 09:27:43 -0500, Michael Breslau
Post by Michael Breslau
[...]
According to my contacts, this is "Deification", written By Brian Drozd.
Their only known source for the story is in the Internet Archive:
http://web.archive.org/web/20071029085344/http://www.anifics.com/hosted/briandrozd/chouko.htm

Chapters 1-3 are complete; chapter 4 was in rough draft before
anifics.com disappeared.

Hope this helps...
--
Rob Kelk Personal address (ROT-13): eboxryx -ng- tznvy -qbg- pbz
"There's always somebody who's going to hate your work, no matter
THAT WAY HE WINS." - Robert M. Schroeck, 18 July 2006
Michael Breslau
Hope this helps...
Rob Kelk
2010-01-10 17:19:48 UTC
Happy to help. My sources have found a draft of chapter four:
http://web.archive.org/web/20061019101456/briandrozd.anifics.com/chouko.htm

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:31:11 -0500, Michael Breslau
Post by Michael Breslau
That's it!
Thanks for your help!
MIke
Hope this helps...
Michael Breslau
2010-01-11 14:12:05 UTC
Post by Rob Kelk
http://web.archive.org/web/20061019101456/briandrozd.anifics.com/chouko.htm
Got it! Thanks again

I hope someday the promised chapters get written...